Facilitating shippers needs with competitive, efficient solutions
As shipper demand keeps evolving, shippers are even more careful in vetting providers. The freight industry’s long established bargaining power with its shippers—volume—is challenging for some as transportation intermediaries and freight brokers deal with changing supply chain issues. Factors such as overcapacity, rising fuel prices and operational issues such as customers carrying reduced inventories and JIT requirements have led many shippers to opt for alternative methods for transporting their goods.
For these reasons, one key strategy that freight brokerage organizations employ to address these challenges, is to leverage their financial strength and buying power to secure niche customers in important trade lanes and emerging markets.
Another strategy is the ability to understand and evaluate the customers’ needs ,‘own it’, essentially taking on the function of the customer’s traffic department, and respond quickly with innovative and advanced logistics solutions. This process efficiency results in a deeper understanding of customers’ industries and business processes.
Third Party Providers have flexibility to respond swiftly and innovatively to customers’ evolving needs, which sets up the opportunity to distinguish themselves apart from conventional providers.
Freight brokers /third party providers may also differentiate themselves by offering supply chain management as a shared service to customers.
On average a shipper is more likely to remain with a provider that offers the advantage of multi modal services. As more shippers look to improve their costs and services, they are increasing relationships with third party transportation providers (3PL), who can offer value added services that go beyond arranging a pickup and delivery. For example, the provider may collaborate with the customer in the transportation decision making process.
Best in class 3PL providers are customer centric, an advantage that sets them apart in winning and augmenting relationships. The customer benefits from a single point of contact and a swift resolution to issues.
Why Choose Precision Supply Chain Solutions
- One call does it all. Central point of contact to meet the customers needs.
- “Outside The Box” Culture - The ability to service not only the major urban areas, but servicing remote areas in North America
- We have established long term relationships with major consumer brands, (including global toy manufacturers and major magazine and book publishers, among others), moving their products cross border from the U.S via the Buffalo cross dock facility to the final destination.
- We benefit from the advantage of company facilities in Oakville, Ontario, Winnipeg, Manitoba and Buffalo, New York, thereby, providing customers the flexibility to utilize these facilities as required.
- On Time Delivery is 99%.
- Customers receive the benefit of ASL’s Global Buying Power.
- Flexibility - Customers have 24/7 access to our client service staff, using best practices to provide the highest level of service expected. This ranges from assisting customers to mitigating costs, to solutioning the best mode to meet objectives.
- Offers multi modal solutions for USA and Canada:
- Over The Road (Truckload, LTL), Expedited Over The Road, Courier, Intermodal
In addition to providing transportation solutions for industries ranging from metal fabricating to trade shows, the group manages the movement of major consumer products across North America, meeting extreme deadlines and demands where change is a constant, while retaining a service performance level of 99%.
None of this can be accomplished without basing success on collaboration with shippers that is centred on trust and transparency, and knowledge of the customer’s business.
*** Precision Supply Chain Solutions is the freight brokerage division of ASL Distribution Services.
For more information, please request our white paper on A Checklist For Choosing A Freight Broker.